Welcome To The Crafty Zen:
Hello everyone! I’m Silver! It is Monday, April 4th. A quick “Welcome Back!” must go out to all returning viewers. If you tuned in last time and decided to come back, I REALLY do appreciate it. I also just want to say a quick “Hello!” to any new viewers. I’m pretty social. You can find me most on Discord as Silver Dee #8858 and on Instagram as @SilversKnitting.
Normally, at this point, I’d say there’s a lot I have to talk about. Since I’m going to be participating in a charity event where I’m streaming for long periods of time, I’m going to save my voice and write down all that I worked on since the last time I podcasted. Especially since there’s been a lot. I’ve got the Quarter videos for the alongs up on YouTube (videos will be included in this post), and that will be the end of my voice for a bit. Sorry about that… I hope you understand!
In this episode:
- Dreams In Progress (WIPs)
- Stitching A Dream (X’s & O’s)
- Radio GaGa
- Silver’s Bibliomania (Silver’s Book Pile)
- Screen Ranting (Silver & The Case of the Screen Time)
- My Favorite Things
- The More You Know
- Rolling On The Final Credits (The End Of the Road)
Dreams In Progress:
- 2022 Washcloth Pile (new project: Did14 total)
- Pattern: “Gramma’s Favorite Washcloth”
- Yarn: Knit Picks Dishie. Both Twist and solids.
- Needles: US , 4.0mm 24 inch smart sticks
- Bag: 2018 SSK exclusive bag from Fat Squirrel
- Holiday Socks 1 (did 30 rows. Doesn’t look much different…)
- Pattern: Vanilla socks. Cuff down. Traditional heel & gusset
- Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 ply. Red and Green.
- Needles: US 1, 2.25mm 9 inch circs. DPNs when at heel.
- Bag: Blue sheepy bag from Fat Squirrel
- Purple Pet Bed (literally did 1 row, so it doesn’t look like much…)
- Pattern: No pattern. Just using the pentagon shape and working out in double crochet. Going until I use up the yarn….
- Yarn: Verigated purple. Red Heart Comfort sport. 2 pounds skeins.
- Hook: US H, 8, 5.0mm
- Bag: My pink GGKCS bag from their anniversary kit from a few years ago.
- Danish Socks (I’m past the heel now, so… That’s something…)
- Pattern: “I’ll Have Two Coffees and Two Cherry Danishes To Go Please Socks” by CC Gilmore/JavaPurl Designs (I helped test-knit this pattern)
- Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners, Signature 4-ply. Color “0893”
- Needles: US 1, 2.25mm 9 inch circs. Heels, toes, & cuffs is US 1.5, 2.5mm 16 inch circs.
- Bag: Coffee bag by MollyKleinDesigns
Stitching A Dream:
- The Tenth
- Pastel Tree
- Foam Beach
- Hogwarts & Hedwig
- Sneaky Cat
Radio GaGa: (
- 90s Playlist
- List of 100 greatest classic Rock songs
- A few chill/lo-fi playlists on Pretzel as I streamed
- My Favorite Murder Podcast
Silver’s Bibliomania: My Goodreads (Silverluna)
- Herringbones and Hexes by Nancy Warren
- Ribbing and Runes
- Riding with the Cop by J.S. Scott
- Taken Rough by the Vampires by Sarah L
- Nice & Rough by Lucia Jordan
- Bent over Screaming by Lily Green
- Top Student by Miranda Baker
- How to Marry A Millionaire Vamp by Kerrelyn Sparks (this is the first in a 15 book series. I’m just going to list the titles from here on out)
- Vamps & The City
- A Very Vampy Christmas
- Be Sitll My Vampire Heart
- The Undead Next Door
- All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire
- Secret Life of A Vampire
- Forbidden Nights With A Vampire
- The Vampire & The Virgin
- Eat, Prey, Love
- Vampire Mine
- Sexiest Vampire Alive
- Wanted: Undead or Alive
- The Vampire With The Dragon Tattoo
- How to Seduce A Vampire (Without Really Trying)
- Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire
- A Breath of Snow & Ashes by Diana Gabaldon
Screen Ranting: (
- The Knitgirllls
- Stitching The High Notes
- Diamonds & Washi
- Crafting With Shay
- You Can Call Me Butter
- LOTS of diamond painting streams
My Favorite Things:
- New camera/Boom Mic Stand set up
- Knit Picks
- Dishie box o Yarn!
- My Nephew Rain’s 1st Bday Party. SOOO much fun. Lots of pics of him with everybody. Since we have agreed NOT to show him on the internet until he makes that decision for himself, I’ll show you pics of the decor… We had SOOO much fun. I drank WAYYY too much (jello shots, am I right… 😉 ). Let’s see… They had a signiture drink for Rain too. They called it Rain Water (hence the title of the episode). It was VERY alcoholic…I had two… lol…We gave Rain too many gifts (but that’s okay. He’s WORTH it!!!) and ALOT of hugs. He seemed to have fun trying to pop the balloons, knocking the “Rain” blocks over by his throne and dancing. There were blow up alligators everywhere. The centerpieces were clear blocks with gators and lights inside. Also…Alligators were THE THING at this party… Obvy… Anyway…
The More You Know:
Taming The Pile RAL (New along for next year) Silverluna (1,323 books) | Goodreads
- This along is to help keep ourselves reading, and reading the books we REALLY want to finish in 2022. The idea is to read a minimum of 10 minutes every day, no matter WHAT it is you read. Audio books, social media posts, blogs, online/offline comic books all DO count.
- There will be new FO threads once a quarter.
- We’ll be using #SDLPileTaming2022 on all social medias.
- Anyone who reads a minimum of 10 minutes every day for the entire year will be entered into a drawing for 2 Gift Cards to Amazon and 2 Gift Cards to Webs’ online store. For every 10 people who enter the Reading Along, I’ll add another Gift card of each type to the pool.
- If you would like to donate a prize, please PM me or email me at email@example.com (
Q1’s Avid Readers:
Rolling On The Final Credits:
I’m pretty social. You can find me on our Discord Board, which is The Crafting Zen. I’m Silver Dee #8858 (need to add to titlecard: ) there. I’ll put a link to the Discord Board (where you can find Episode and Along threads and everything else I’ve ever talked about on the Podcast) below and in the shownotes. These can also be found on Facebook as well, although I’m not going to lie… I don’t check the FB group as much as I check the Discord group. The link for the FB group will be also listed below (https://www.facebook.com/groups/silverscraftyzen )
A note about the FB group. You do need to answer 3 questions, as I’m trying to keep spammers out of the group. First question, what episode I’m up to. Today is episode ___. Second question, What is the name of Silver’s Son? Mario The Cat/Mario. If you don’t remember these answers, that’s fine. Just note this in your answers. Chances are, you’ll be in. But you do need to read the Group Rules and hit agree. The rules are simple and absolute in my eyes when you answer the questions. You just have to agree to be nice…
On Instagram and on Twitter I am @SilversKnitting. I tend to read through all messages as soon as I possibly can. If you don’t hear from me within 24 hours, please feel free to e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am on Patreon. If you would like to join, it helps with shipping costs, and helps keep the lights on around here. You get behind the scenes content at every level, some Patreon-only goodies, and early access to all episodes/videos/Twitch Streams. At the $5 and up levels, there is a Weekly Knit Night that I’ve got set up over Zoom/Discord chat. It’s a lot of fun, if you’d like to join us this year…
Anyway, As always, everything that I talk about can be found in the show notes at https://silversdreamlandpodcast.com/. The notes in the box below here on YouTube are abbreviated and not as detailed.
Silver Being Social:
Silver’s Dreamland Discord Server: https://discord.gg/U4dvGStRm4
On Discord: Silver Dee #8858
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/silverscraftyzen
On Instagram: SilversKnitting
On Twitter: SilversKnitting
On Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/silverscraftyzen
On Twitch: https://twitch.tv/silversknitting
On Goodreads: Silverluna
Okay. I’ve rambled for long enough. I know your time is valuable. Please feel free to join in any discussion (or start your own) on The Crafty Zen Discord board or the FB group! I don’t bite, I promise!!! If you’re feeling generous, please click that like button below this video or even subscribe to my channel. It really helps my channel out and I’d be forever grateful.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!