Hello everyone! I’m Silver! (“Ravelry: Silverluna2112, @SilversTreats on Instagram & @SilversKnitting on Twitter”). It is Wednesday, April 18th. I just want to say a quick “Hello!” to any new viewers and a “Welcome Back!” to all returning viewers. If you tuned in last time and decided to come back, I REALLY do appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed the change in episode format! I had SOOO much fun recording an episode with guests.
Anyway, how have you all been? I’ve been great. It’s been a busy few days around here in my little corner of the world. I’ve got lots to talk to you about. So, I should probably get started, right? So, grab your drink of choice, your knitting, and away we go! Right now, as I type this, I’m drinking water, as that’s the only thing I CAN drink right now. More on this later!
- So, on Monday night, Emptyeye and I got together with His mother & father, and My mom and dad at a place called Tavern42. We had SOO much fun! I ended up having two Smores Shakes. I didn’t want to stop drinking them, even when one of the fire alarms went off. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who didn’t even flinch when it went off. The Waiter, Jesse, had us in stitches while we were waiting for the Fire Department to show up to look into the issue. It was pretty funny that he advised us that he would “be the look out” if anyone tried to make us leave during the alarm. We all had ALOT of food! This is our second time getting all together at Tavern42. Both times, the food was EXCELLENT and simply ALOT to eat!
- There was also more good times to be had with Mercury, Lag, Katie, MercuryDad, and MercuryMom last weekend. It included a night eating out, and a few trips into gaming/geeky shops. It’s how we roll, after all! 😉 I pretty much made out with some awesome games. Got some JoyCon Controllers for the Wii Switch. Now I have 4. Mostly, so that I can play Mario Kart 8 with more people. Which is always a good thing. I bought Emptyeye Hyrule Warriors for the WiiU because that’s what he REALLY wanted from Gamestop while we were there. . I also got a 3 Lego Games for the XBOX360. Hobbit, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and Star Wars III: Clone Wars. What can I say? The Lego games are my Kryptonite! 😉
- Also while we were hanging out with everyone, we got Froyo. Which just happens to be another chink in my armor. But not with any toppings. That just wastes room in the cup for the Froyo. Trust me, Mercury and I have discussed this at length! 😉
- So, some Not-so-yummy stuff happened this week as well. I have chipped a total of 2 teeth, and had one broken off completely. This causes me to hiss some of my words. I honestly didn’t want to submit everyone to this. I have seen the Dentist 3 times since just before I recorded before. I’m sorry if you heard some of my “S’s” get drawn out and so on in that recording. Well, if you were paying that close attention, that is… I’ll be getting the teeth fixed soon and hope to finish this. I had hoped today would be the last appointment, but alas. I still will have to go in for a few root canals and various surgeries over the next month or so. Today was the final “battle plan” and teeth cleaning before those start. However, today, I just couldn’t record my voice. Especially since I have been made aware of that issue in my vocals. So, you’ll just have to deal with my rants here in a blog post.
2018 Washcloths: So, to continue with my goal to finish 52 washcloths this year, I have finished one this week! To remind everyone, I use the “Grandma’s Favorite Dish Cloth” pattern by Ruth Slate on US 6, 4.0mm, Marblz 24 inch circs. This week, I used a Sugar n Cream solid cotton skein, in the “Black Currant” colorway.
I have finished one of my April DVD Socks, so that means I have a HO!!!! 🙂
The pattern is the “Toe-up Socks with a Difference” socks, by Wendy D. Johnson. As this is the Desert Vista Dyeworks Yarn Club KAL that I’m participating in, I’m using their color “Poodle Skirt” on their Viso base. I LOVE this stripy sequence, yo!!! As per my usual, I’m using a set of US 1, 2.25mm, 9 inch circs for most of the sock. for the heels, toes, & cuffs, I’ve been switching to 2 16 inch circ needles. If nothing else, to give me more room to maneuver as I do so. The bag I have these socks in is my Coffee bag by Molly Klein Designs.
Pattern ALL the things!!! The pattern I’ve been using for this one is called “–. .–. -.- .–. Socks (GPKP 2016)” by C.C. Almon. The yarn I’ve been using is Regia, their Arne & Carlos line. The colorway is “Tinn.” I’ve been using US 1, 2.25MM, 16 inch Addi Sock Rockets needles. I’m housing this project in my Beauty & The Beast Stainglass bag by Molly Klein Designs.
Look at the Progress I made, ya’ll!!! 🙂
The second thing that has gotten a bit of love this week is what I’m calling Stripey Heart. I’ve been using Attic24’s “Granny Stripe Blanket.” This wonderful blanket has been keeping me warm as I type up my notes this week, and is comprised of MANY miscellaneous Red Heart scrap skeins that I’ve collected over the years. There are quite a few, and I’ll do my best to add them to my Project Page as I go. I won’t always succeed, mind. Mostly because the ball bands have LONG since left the building… Either way, Ive been using a K / 10 ½ / 6.5mm hook. Right now, it’s just the PERFECT size for my Geeky Girls Knit Pink tote that I got from their 5th Podiversary giveaway last year.
The last thing that has gotten a bit of love this week is what I’m calling Spiked Punch Basket Blanket. I realized that it had been several weeks since I worked on it. Seeing as it’s for someone else, that’s SOOOOO not good… Anyway, I’m using a pattern I created out of a stitch dictionary. The pattern is called “Basketweave Baby Blanket.” I’m using Miss Babs, Yowza, in the “Spiked Punch” colorway. I am on the second ball and just started Rotation 12 of the pattern I’m knitting this on US 9 5.5mm Marblz 32 inch circular needles. I can’t believe the blanket still fits in my Purple Tardis bag by Slipped Stitch Studios, but it REALLY does! 😉
So, this week, I realized that I was knitting a sweater that had NO way in hell of fitting properly. I got to an inch below the sleeve separation when I realized it, so I wasn’t all that far where I wouldn’t mind ripping it back and starting over in the largest size to make it fit my size. I didn’t really do any proper level of maths when it came to re-jiggering the Harvest Cardigan to DK weight yarn. That’s my first issue. Mis-reading everything… But, the good news, is that my Pumpkin Season, ALL The Time!!! is back on track. In fact, in the week that I’ve been working on it (Cast back on on the 10th), I’ve gotten further. I’m up to the third skein of yarn, and onto the straightaway stockinette of the body. I have to get to 16 inches before the ribbing, and I’m already to 6.25 inches. So, there’s that! 😉
How It looks now.
- Beach Please – Lace. 2 colors.
- Anemone – Fingering
- The Easy One: Joji – Fingering
- Campside Cardi – DK
- Amira – DK
- Bonny – Fingering
- Metallica’s “Ride The Lightning”
- My Spotify Playlist “Silver’s Being Random.” https://open.spotify.com/user/rd94rq8m7ykxm3ci3020rh5up/playlist/5d6O2bzwleEIUaQ588fUnI?si=xoSRe-dxTA2fyFBpTEPwBA
- The Spotify Playlist “Wine and Crime and Tasty Jams”
- “The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck” by Mark Manson
- “The Outlandish Companion” by Diana Gabaldon
- “After This Night” by Lauren Blakely
- “One More Night” by Lauren Blakely
- “You Loved Me At My Darkest” by Evie Harper
- “You Loved Me At My Weakest” by Evie Harper
- “Gone With The Wind” by Margaret Mitchell
- “The Fiery Cross” by Diana Gabaldon
- “You Loved Me At My Ugliest” by Evie Harper
- Older shows on MeTV while I was up in NY. “The Rifleman” and others.
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer → Season 2, Episode 7.
- The Odd Couple 2. MeTV while up in NY
- Jurassic Park
- One Shot To Broadway
- Independence Day
- The Last Witch Hunter
- Pride & Prejudice and Zombies
CC, Russ, and Dami need to get back to Scotland to attend his graduation ceremony. When you have a chance, go by and donate to help them! I will be coming by tomorrow (payday 😉 ) https://www.gofundme.com/tartans-and-theology/donate
The End Of The Road:
I’m pretty social. You can find me on our Ravelry Board, which is Silver’s Dreamland Podcast. I’m Silverluna2112 there. On Facebook,Silver’s Dreamland can be found at https://www.facebook.com/SilversDreamland/. On Instagram, I am both SilversTreats and SilversDreamland. Twitter, I am @SilversKnitting. I tend to read through all messages as soon as I possibly can. If you don’t hear from me within 24 hours, please feel free to e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, anything that I talk about can be found in the show notes at https://silversdreamlandpodcast.com/.
I‘ve rambled for long enough. I know your time is valuable. Please feel free to join in any discussion (or start your own) on the Silver’s DreamLand Ravelry board! I don’t bite, I promise!!! Please stay tuned for Episode 43 on the 25th. Until Next Time! Happy Crafting!!! -Silver-