Hello, wonderful makers!!! I thought it time that I highlight the first of two Alongs going on in the year of 2021. The first is the Dream Along 2021.
Here’s a bit of background on the Along and how it came about:
I’ve been dreaming of saying goodbye to 2020 something fierce lately. In an effort to literally dream 2020 away, I thought to host a new along in 2021 where I finally cast on projects I’ve been dreaming about starting. I also have been (literally) dreaming about finishing projects that I’ve had on the project for a long time. To this end, the Dream Along 2021 was born. This year will run all year.
- 1) The rules are simple. Anything you finish in 2021 will count.
- 2) You must be a member of The Silver’s Dreamland Discord or FB group. If you don’t use either, please make sure you use the Hashtag and @ me on Instagram (@silversknitting). This way I know to count your projects for this along.
- 3) The main idea I had for this Along is to Start or Finish things that have been in your Queue (either as UFOs or things you have been dreaming of making for years and haven’t gotten up the gumption to do so before. I’m looking at you Evenstar…). However, ANYTHING you finish in 2021 will count for this Along.
- A Few Notes: For this Along, you can enter your project multiple times. This is based on the length of time the project has been in your Queue. There is no need to enter each FO multiple times. As long as you notate how long it’s been marinating, I’ll comment with the correct Post numbers for you.
- 1. If you started or have had this in your queue more than a year, you may enter your FOs 2 total times.
- 2. If you started or have had this in your queue more than 2 years, you may enter your FOs 3 total times.
- 3. If you started or have had this in your queue more than 3 years, you may enter your FOs 4 total times.
- 4. If you started or have had this in your queue more than 4 years, you may enter your FOs 5 total times.
- 5. If you started or have had this in your queue more than 5 years, you may enter your FOs 6 total times.
- 6. If you started or have had this in your queue more than 10 years (longer than I was on Rav), you may enter your FOs 10 total times
- A skein of “Starry Night” from West Yorkshire Spinners, along with the pattern to go with it!
- A pair of Louet Sonix circular needles. Size US 5, 3.75mm, 24 inch circs.
- If anyone wishes to donate any prizes, please message me on Discord (I’m Silver Dee #8858, FB, or you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I do have a few prizes in mind as of right now, but I haven’t completely decided (as I JUST now thought to put this Along together).
I hope to see you all there!
Until Next Time, Happy Crafting!