I’m calling it the “Stripe-Along 2021.”
- I realized that I’m down to 3 more skeins of Desert Vista Dyeworks’ stripey yarn. As I have enough stripey yarn to get through a full year if I continue knitting a pair a month, I have decided to start an Along for those who like stripes of ANY kind.
- This along will run all year long.
- I’ll be using #sdlstripealong2021 on all Social Media.
- The rules are simple. Anything you finish in 2021 with stripes will count.
- You must be a member of The Silver’s Dreamland Discord or FB group. If you don’t use either, please make sure you use the Hashtag and @ me on Instagram (@silverstreats). This way I know to count your projects for this along.
- Colorwork, Fairisle, Stranded Colorwork, Double Knitting, and Intarsia will count, as long as the colors you use are bright and cheerful.
- A Few Notes: For this Along, you can enter your project multiple times. There is no need to enter the FO multiple times. As long as you notate how long it took you to complete each project, I’ll comment with the correct Post numbers.
- If you started and finished the project in 2021, you can enter your FOs 2 total times.
- If you started and finished the project in 6 months’ time, you can enter your FOs 3 total times.
- If you started and finished the project in 3 months’ time, you can enter your FOs 4 total times.
- If you started and finished the project in 2 months’ time, you can enter your FOs 5 total times.
- If you started and finished the project in 1 month’s time, you can enter your FOs 6 total times.
- If anyone wishes to donate any prizes, please message me on Discord (I’m Silver Dee #8858, FB, or you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I do have a few prizes in mind as of right now, but I haven’t completely decided (as I JUST now thought to put this Along together.
I’m going to head off now to think about prizes for the Along and which skeins of my stripey sock yarn I want to use the the Along. Hope you’ll join me for the Stripe Along in 2021!
Until Next Time, Happy Crafting!