Welcome To The Dreamland:
In this episode:
- FO’s (2:53)
- HO’s (5:19)
- WIPs (6:20)
- Silver’s Unraveling Fast (11:01)
- X’s & O’s (12:12)
- Radio GaGa (15:35)
- Silver’s Book Pile (16:53)
- Silver & The Case of the Screen Time (18:56)
- My Favorite Things (22:23)
- The More You Know (52:43)
- The End Of the Road (1:17:39)
- The 9 Merry Holiday Socks Of Silver – 4
- Cubed Blanket
- The 9 Merry Holiday Socks Of Silver – 5
- My Semi-PLanned Scrappy Blanket
- Summer Top
- July’s Stripey Socks
Silver’s Unraveling Fast:
- Money Hat
X’s & O’s:
- Pupper A
- Pupper B
- TP Categories
- Rainbow Tree
- Doctor Who Cross Stitch
Radio GaGa: (
Silver’s Book Pile:
Silver and The Case Of The Screen Time:
- YouTube Channels/Other
My Favorite Things:
- Animal Crossing
- DA-7649-0611-2068: Halloween Build.
The More You Know: (
KAL Breakdown (
- Stripe-Along 2021 (
- At some point last year, I had realized that I was down to 3 more skeins of Desert Vista Dyeworks’ stripey yarn. As I have enough stripey yarn to get through a full year if I continue knitting a pair a month, I have decided to start an Along for those who like stripes of ANY kind.
- This along will run all year long.
- I’ll be using #sdlstripealong2021 on all Social Media.
- The rules are simple. Anything you finish in 2021 with stripes will count.
- You must be a member of The Silver’s Dreamland Discord or FB group. If you don’t use either, please make sure you use the Hashtag and @ me on Instagram (@silverstreats). This way I know to count your projects for this along.
- Colorwork, Fairisle, Stranded Colorwork, Double Knitting, and Intarsia will count, as long as the colors you use are bright and cheerful.
- A Few Notes: For this Along, you can enter your project multiple times. There is no need to enter the FO multiple times. As long as you notate how long it took you to complete each project, I’ll comment with the correct Post numbers.
- If you started and finished the project in 2021, you can enter your FOs 2 total times.
- If you started and finished the project in 6 months time, you can enter your FOs 3 total times.
- If you started and finished the project in 3 months time, you can enter your FOs 4 total times.
- If you started and finished the project in 2 months time, you can enter your FOs 5 total times.
- If you started and finished the project in 1 months time, you can enter your FOs 6 total times.
- Option 1.
- Option 2.
- Dream Along 2021 (
- I was dreaming of saying goodbye to 2020 something fierce by the end of the year. In an effort to literally dream 2020 away, I thought to host a new along in 2021 where I finally cast on projects I’ve been dreaming about starting. I also have been (literally) dreaming about finishing projects that I’ve had on the project for a long time. To this end, the Dream Along 2021 was born.
- This year will run all year.
- I’ll be using #sdldreameralong2021 on all Social Media.
- The rules are simple. Anything you finish in 2021 will count.
- The main idea I had for this Along is to Start or Finish things that have been in your Queue (either as UFOs or things you have been dreaming of making for years and haven’t gotten up the gumption to do so before. I’m looking at you Evenstar…). However, ANYTHING you finish in 2021 will count for this Along.
- A Few Notes: For this Along, you can enter your project multiple times. This is based on the length of time the project has been in your Queue. There is no need to enter each FO multiple times. As long as you notate how long it’s been marinating, I’ll comment with the correct Post numbers for you.
- If you started or have had this in your queue more than a year, you may enter your FOs 2 total times.
- If you started or have had this in your queue more than 2 years, you may enter your FOs 3 total times.
- If you started or have had this in your queue more than 3 year, you may enter your FOs 4 total times.
- If you started or have had this in your queue more than 4 years, you may enter your FOs 5 total times.
- If you started or have had this in your queue more than 5 years, you may enter your FOs 6 total times.
- If you started or have had this in your queue more than 10 years (longer than I was on Rav), you may enter your FOs 10 total times.
- Prizes (
- Option 1
- Option 2
- This Along will run from Monday, May 17th 2021 [The International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT)] through June 30th 2022. Please use #sdlpridealong2122, #mcpridealong2122, #ggkcspridealong2122, #akpridealong2122, #wspridealong2122, or #pridealong2122 on all social media platforms.
- Ways To Play/Rules
- Knitting the Progression Shawl by Carin Risinger (Rav Link: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/progression-shawl-2) or Crochet the Quick & Simple Granny Shawl by Hannah Owens https://notyouraveragecrochet.com/).
- (Using any Pride colorway (including, but not exclusively Rainbow, Gender Fluid, Intersex, Trans colorways, etc.) (
- If you knit/crochet/stitch/diamond paint ANY Pride flag, it will count. (Using blocks of color to represent the flags in a shawl or other items DO count)
- Using a pattern with the word “Pride” or “Proud” in it counts as well. Please include the name of the design, the designer, and a link (if you can’t find one other than to Rav, that’ll be fine…)
- You will get double entries if you knit the Progression Shawl with a Pride colorway or making a Pride Flag while knitting the Progression Shawl. (
- You will also get double entries if you crochet the Quick & Simple Granny Shawl with a Pride colorway or making a Pride Flag while crocheting the Quick & Simple Granny Shawl. (
- Anything with rainbows in it will count as well. (
- Prizes (
The End Of The Road: (
Silver Being Social:
Silver’s Dreamland Discord Server: https://discord.gg/z6XKEdpHTn
On Discord: Silver Dee #8858
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/silversdreamlandpodcast
On Instagram: SilversKnitting
On Twitter: @SilversKnitting
On Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SilversDreamlandPodcast
On Twitch: https://twitch.tv/silversknitting
On Goodreads: Silverluna
1. “Quick & Simple Granny Shawl” by Hannah Howens
2. “Progression Shawl” by Carin Risinger
3. “Granny Stripe blanket by Attic24
4. “Gemini Top” by Jane Richmond
5. “Sockhead Hat” by Kelley McClure
Yarn Dyers Mentioned:
1. Must Stash Yarn: https://muststashshop.com/
2. West Yorkshire Spinners (a google search will bring you to SEVERAL sites. Cannot find a direct site for this yarn. Sorry)
3. Desert Vista Dyeworks: https://www.desertvistadyeworks.com/
2) Poodle Skirt
3) Happy Birthday Cupcake!
4) Oh, Clark!
6) Mr. Darcy
7) Zombody’s Eating Candy Corn
9) Dia De Los Muertos
10) Bing And The Andrews Sisters
11) Daphne Zombody Blake
12) Crystal Ball Frap
13) Rose Champagne
14) Harold’s Purple Crayon
16) Zombody Loves The Knitgirllls
17) Holiday Striped Cup
18) Zombody’s Hanging The Lights
20) Witches Ball Frap
21) Sonoran Sunrise
22) Neon Cotton Candy
23) Alyssa Zombody Edwards
24) Brace Yourself
4. Nice & Knit: https://niceandknit.com/
5. Sheepy Time Knits: https://www.sheepytimeknits.com/
6. Leading Men Fiber Arts: https://www.leadingmenfiberarts.com/
7. Miss Babs: https://www.missbabs.com/
8. ArtisticYarnbyAbi: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtisticYarnbyAbi
9. Into The Whirled Yarn & Fiber Co: https://intothewhirled.com/
10. KnitCircus Yarns: https://knitcircus.com/
11. Gamercrafting: https://gamercrafting.com/
12. Fully Spun: https://fullyspun.com/
13. Naima Bond Art: naimabondart.com
Bag Makers Mentioned:
1. The Fat Squirrel: https://thefatsquirrel.com/
2. Addicted To Sock Knitting: https://addictedtosockknitting.wordpress.com/
3. Molly Klein Design: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MollyKleinDesign?ref=shop_sugg
4. The Silver Shed USA: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSilverShedUSA?ref=shop_sugg
5. Slipped Stitch Studios: https://www.slippedstitchstudios.com/
6. Bags By Awesome Grannie: https://www.etsy.com/shop/bagsbyawesomegrannie
7. The Knitted Broomstick: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/KnittingBroomstick
8. WhimzeeStitches: https://www.whimzeestitches.store/
1. Wine & Crime: https://wineandcrimepodcast.com/
2. And That’s Why We Drink: https://www.andthatswhywedrink.com/
3. My Favorite Murder: https://myfavoritemurder.com/
4. The Murder Squad: http://themurdersquad.com/
5. GGKCS: https://geekygirlsknit.blogspot.com
6. TheKnitgirllls: http://theknitgirllls.com/
Stash Dash Threads on Discord: https://discord.gg/BybV4qnv
7. Stockinette Zombies: https://www.stockinettezombies.com/
8. Stitching The High Notes: https://stitchingthehighnotes.com/
9. The Knitters’ League: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOPxrJdP8LXqR3WvvlJ1Z5w
10. The Yarn Hoarder Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8DBs1iYq8f0t134RxPcsw
11. AdoreKnit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9EkbhCaVaOMIFz7UWb3Hw
12. Knitscents: http://knitscents.com/
13. MeditativeCrafting: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7jwpkvdki6FPGQH5WU4EAw
14. DramaticKnits: https://dramaticknits.com/
15. Plies & Hellhounds: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT6raoofDBkZKowQ49tRa1g
16. Crazy Sock Lady: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtzJ6l6pgniBj_GDDhN-BYw/videos
17. Knittin Kitten: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeHZFt56WnPpXkitnRh60AQ
18. Crazy Sock Lady: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtzJ6l6pgniBj_GDDhN-BYw
19. One More Row: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5nNHnmA7L-ZqPPZS-CpUyA
20. I Am All In: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-i-am-all-in-with-scott-pa-81509112/
21. Criminally Creative: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2kRdzeNxSox09wosBRgjQ
22. Hillywood Show: On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/hillywood/featured
Hilly’s Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/HillyHindi
Okay. I’ve rambled for long enough. I know your time is valuable. Please feel free to join in any discussion (or start your own) on the Silver’s DreamLand Discord board or the FB group! I don’t bite, I promise!!! If you’re feeling generous, please click that like button below this video. It really helps my channel out.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!