Hello & Welcome
My Special Guests
- Insta: @mercuryzelda
- Website: Mercurial Knits – Knitting patterns and video game plushies by Emily Anne Davies
- Sher (MeditativeCrafter Podcast)
- CC (GGKCS Podcast)
- Steph (Knitting Samurai/AdoreKnit Podcast)
- Insta: adoreknitsteph or knittingsamurai
- On YouTube: AdoreKnit – YouTube
- On Rav: KnittingSamurai/AdoreKnit Podcast Group
- Website: Stitch Markers Progress Keepers and Project Bags by AdoreKnit (etsy.com)
- Rick (WhimzeeStitches)
- On Insta: whimzeestitches
- On FB: Whimzeestitches Designs | Facebook
- On Rav: whimzeestitches and Rav group.
- Website: Rick Najdzion (@whimzeestitches) • Instagram photos and videos
Intro To Pride Along
- The Pride Along 2122 will encompass two Pride months. It will start today, Monday, May 17th, 2021 [The International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT)] and will wrap up June 30th, 2022.
- This year-long Along is meant to celebrate the wonderful diversity of our Crafting Community. Show your pride in this Along!
Ways To Play
- This Along will run in the Silver’s Dreamland FB and Discord groups. I’ll be linking both in the description box below this video. (Sorry. I don’t use Ravelry for my alongs anymore.)
- If you choose not to use either platform, that’s fine. If you use #sdlpridealong2122, #mcpridealong2122, #ggkcspridealong2122, #akpridealong2122, #wspridealong2122 or #pridealong2122 on Instagram, I’ll still count your FOs in the along.
- No matter how you decide to play, I’ll be commenting on your posts with a number to be entered for Prizes.
- You can play by Knitting the Progression Shawl by Carin Risinger (Rav Link: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/progression-shawl-2) or Crocheting the Quick & Simple Granny Shawl by Hannah Owens ( https://notyouraveragecrochet.com/).
- If you Use any Pride colorway (including, but not exclusively Rainbow, Gender Fluid, Intersex, Trans colorways, etc.), your projects will count.
- If you knit/crochet/stitch ANY Pride flag, it will count. (Using blocks of color to represent the flags in a shawl or other items DO count)
- Using a pattern with the word “Pride” or “Proud” in it counts as well. Please include the name of the design, the designer, and a link (if you can’t find one other than to Rav, that’ll be fine…)
- Anything with rainbows in it will count as well.
- You will get double entries if you knit the Progression Shawl with a Pride colorway or making a Pride Flag while knitting the Progression Shawl.
- You will also get double entries if you crochet the Quick & Simple Granny Shawl with a Pride colorway or make a Pride Flag while crocheting the Quick & Simple Granny Shawl.
- No WIPs are allowed. Sorry. With the length of this along, I think we’ll be fine.
- CC has offered her wonderful “Catch The Rainbow Socks” as a prize to one lucky winner every month. (This pattern can be found On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/850836062/catch-the-rainbow-socks-pdf-knitting, 0r on Payhip: https://payhip.com/b/F3RQ)
- A free pattern of CC and Dami’s every month as well. This will be of your choice. All of their patterns can be found at http://www.javapurldesigns.com/patterns.
- Quarterly (August, November, February, May/June 2022)
- A free copy of my “Proud To Be Me” shawl pattern will also be given away per quarter.
- @MercuryZelda has offered one of her wonderful paid patterns per Quarter. Her shop can be found here: https://www.mercurialknits.com/shop/
- Other Prizes
- Two of @MercuryZelda‘s wonderful patterns will also be given away at the end of the Along.
- @MeditativeCrafter and her Hubby will be giving away a board game called “Arch Ravels” to a lucky winner!
- A skein of Desert Vista Dyeworks yarn in the “The Mother of All Zombody Queens” (an 8 stripe yarn) colorway
- A skein of yarn from Nice & Knit in the “Times Square” color on their Fingering Base.
- A skein of Yarn from SweetGeorgia Yarns in the “Rainbow Sprinkles” colorway.
- Two sets of Rainbow Progress Keeper & Stitch Marker sets donated by AdoreKnit. 1 set per winner.
- A set of Large Rainbow Progress Keeper & Stitch Marker set (including a cute heart marker) donated by AdoreKnit.
- Two Sets of a Rainbow Pride Sheep Enamel Pin & a Rainbow Unicorn Progress Keeper by WhimzeeStitches Design. Two winners for these.
- A Pride Rainbow Bag and Progress Keeper by WhimzeeStitches Design.
- A set of 30 Rainbow silicone Stitch markers & Rainbow Progress Keeper from WhimzeeStitches Design.
- If you would like to donate a prize, please PM me on Insta or Discord. Or, you can email me (Silver) at email@example.com
Silver Being Social:
Silver’s Dreamland Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2xzyRqgw
On Discord: Silver Dee #8858
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/silversdreamlandpodcast
On Instagram: SilversKnitting
On Twitter: @SilversKnitting
On Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SilversDreamlandPodcast
On Twitch: https://twitch.tv/silverluna2112
On Goodreads: Silverluna
Okay. I’ve rambled for long enough. I know your time is valuable. Please feel free to join in any discussion (or start your own) on the Silver’s DreamLand Discord board or the FB group! I don’t bite, I promise!!! If you’re feeling generous, please click that like button below this video. It really helps my channel out.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!